Dr. H. Drexel Dobson III, MD, a board-certified General Surgeon and Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, specializes in several aspects of surgery, including diseases of the alimentary tract and complex surgical cases.
Dr. Dobson is a native of Florida, and was born here in Brevard County, at Cape Canaveral Hospital, during the height of the Apollo program. Dr. Dobson has relocated to his hometown and birthplace to develop a university-level practice to care for the citizens of Brevard County and the entire Spacecoast area. Both his children and his wife are Floridians, and his daughter was also recently born here in Brevard County at Wuesthoff Hospital, Rockledge.
Dr. Dobson specializes in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders and cancers, hernias and disorders of the abdominal wall, and is also a fellowship-trained Colon and Rectal Surgeon who is also experienced in treating all diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. Dr. Dobson’s areas of expertise include the following:
- Robotic General Surgery (Robotic Cancer Surgery [colon, stomach, intestine, pancreas, espophagus, liver]), repair of complex hernias, including incisional and hiatal/paraesophageal hernias, biliary/gallbladder/liver surgery, rectal prolapse repair
- Single Incision Surgery (one small incision at belly button) – better cosmesis, faster recovery, less pain, including gallbladder, and hiatal hernia repairs
- Esophageal Surgery (cancer, functional disorders, and other diseases)
- Gastric Surgery (open and laparoscopic) surgery for cancer, functional disorders, and reconstruction/repair of bariatric complications
- Small Intestinal and Pancreatic Disease (including Pancreatico-duodenectomy [Whipple Procedure]), Laparascopic and Conventional Surgery of the Small Intestine, including Crohn’s Disease, Entero-cutaneous Fistula, etc.
- Diseases of the Colon — including open and laparascopic Total Proctocolectomy with Reconstruction (J-pouch), Laparascopic Colectomy for Benign (ie Diverticular) and Malignant (Cancerous) Processes, Colon Cancer, and Anal Cancer.
- Diseases of the Anus and Rectum — including Total Mesorectal Excision for Rectal Cancers, and Treatment of Hemorrhoids, Fistulas, Abcesses, Fissures, Pilonidal cysts, Incontinence, Leakage, Anal Cancers, Pre-cancerous Anal Conditions, Pruritis Ani, etc.
- Treatment of Advanced Gastrointestinal Cancers — using neo-adjuvant chemo and radiation therapy for cancers of the foregut (esophagus, stomach, pancreas), and neoadjuvant therapy (chemoradiation) for rectal cancers
- Treatment of Metastatic Liver Lesions — including Hepatic resection, cryoablation, and radiofrequency ablation of hepatic lesions (adenocarcinoma, carcinoid, GIST, etc).
- Vascular Access Procedures — including insertion of Mediports/Portacaths, Dialysis/Plasmapheresis Lines, Peritoneal Diaylisis catherters, etc.
- Repair of Simple and Complex Hernias — including inguinal, incisional, ventral, and complex (recurrent) hernias
- Advanced Hepatobiliary surgery — including diseases of the gallbladder, liver, pancreas, and biliary system, including hepatic resections
- Treatment of Retroperitoneal and Intraabdominal tumors, including GIST, Sarcoma, Lymphomas, etc.
- Advanced laparascopic surgery, including Cholecystectomy, Appendectomy, G or J tube placement, Small bowel/large bowel resection or diversion, Adrenalectomy, Nephrectomy, etc.
- Endoanal and Endorectal Ultrasound for the staging of rectal cancers, and the evaluation of anal musculature.
Dr. Dobson’s patients consistently do well. From the most complex cases ranging from complicated medical problems to the simplest of procedures, Dr. Dobson’s personal interest in each and every patient is second to none. His technical outcomes, lymph node counts in oncologic surgeries, and management of complicated patients and situations is rated amongst the best of his peers.Dr. Dobson offers state of the art care with expertise from the major universities and healthcare centers of Chicago and Miami here in Brevard! Please contact our office with any questions regarding the diseases he treats.
No tags for this post.