Always a phone call away
Call Dr. Dobson’s main office number for 24/7 access to Dr. Dobson.
Direct appointment line
Call to book an appointment directly with Dr. Dobson.
24 hrs availability
Monday – Friday
8.00 am – 5:00pm
Compassionate & Expert Surgical Care
A Brevard native, born at Cape Canaveral Hospital, Dr. Dobson brings university level expertise with down-home kindness and empathy to his patients here in the Spacecoast.
Dr. Dobson is available for any emergency at any time; come to Rockledge Regional Medical Center and request him by name..
- RUSH University/Cook County Hospital General Surgery Residency
- Fellowship at Cook County Hospiital/University of Illinois Medical Center Rockledge
- Honors Program Medical Education, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
His technical outcomes, lymph node counts in oncologic surgeries, and management of complicated patients and situations is rated amongst the best of his peers.
Dr. Dobson’s patients consistently do well. From the most complex cases ranging from complicated medical problems to the simplest of procedures, Dr. Dobson’s personal interest in each and every patient is second to none.
Dr. Dobson’s EXPERTISE
- Robotic General Surgery (Robotic Cancer Surgery [colon, stomach, intestine, pancreas, espophagus, liver]), repair of complex hernias, including incisional and hiatal/paraesophageal hernias, biliary/gallbladder/liver surgery, rectal prolapse repair
- Single Incision Surgery (one small incision at belly button) – better cosmesis, faster recovery, less pain, including gallbladder, and hiatal hernia repairs
- Esophageal Surgery (cancer, functional disorders, and other diseases)
- Gastric Surgery (open and laparoscopic) surgery for cancer, functional disorders, and reconstruction/repair of bariatric complications
- Small Intestinal and Pancreatic Disease (including Pancreatico-duodenectomy [Whipple Procedure]), Laparascopic and Conventional Surgery of the Small Intestine, including Crohn’s Disease, Entero-cutaneous Fistula, etc.
- Diseases of the Colon — including open and laparascopic Total Proctocolectomy with Reconstruction (J-pouch), Laparascopic Colectomy for Benign (ie Diverticular) and Malignant (Cancerous) Processes, Colon Cancer, and Anal Cancer.
- Diseases of the Anus and Rectum — including Total Mesorectal Excision for Rectal Cancers, and Treatment of Hemorrhoids, Fistulas, Abcesses, Fissures, Pilonidal cysts, Incontinence, Leakage, Anal Cancers, Pre-cancerous Anal Conditions, Pruritis Ani, etc.
- Treatment of Advanced Gastrointestinal Cancers — using neo-adjuvant chemo and radiation therapy for cancers of the foregut (esophagus, stomach, pancreas), and neoadjuvant therapy (chemoradiation) for rectal cancers
- Treatment of Metastatic Liver Lesions — including Hepatic resection, cryoablation, and radiofrequency ablation of hepatic lesions (adenocarcinoma, carcinoid, GIST, etc).
- Vascular Access Procedures — including insertion of Mediports/Portacaths, Dialysis/Plasmapheresis Lines, Peritoneal Diaylisis catherters, etc.
- Repair of Simple and Complex Hernias — including inguinal, incisional, ventral, and complex (recurrent) hernias
- Advanced Hepatobiliary surgery — including diseases of the gallbladder, liver, pancreas, and biliary system, including hepatic resections
- Treatment of Retroperitoneal and Intraabdominal tumors, including GIST, Sarcoma, Lymphomas, etc.
- Advanced laparascopic surgery, including Cholecystectomy, Appendectomy, G or J tube placement, Small bowel/large bowel resection or diversion, Adrenalectomy, Nephrectomy, etc.
- Endoanal and Endorectal Ultrasound for the staging of rectal cancers, and the evaluation of anal musculature.
- TAMIS (Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery) for the removal of rectal tumors and early cancers
MOST EXPERIENCED MINIMALLY INVASIVE & ROBOTIC SURGEON in the area
Dr. Dobson does all his surgeries using minimally invasive techniques, using the da Vinci Xi robot and advanced laparoscopy equipment. No other surgeon in the Spacecoast has the scope, depth, and experience of da Vinci robotic surgery. Since 2006, Dr. Dobson has been a pioneer of robotic and minimally invasive surgery and has proctored over 100 program startups from the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard to small community programs throughout the United States.
if you don’t want a large open incision & you want the fastest recovery – See Dr. Dobson
Only Dr. Dobson approaches all of his surgeries in a minimally invasive fashion, either robotically or laparoscopically; if you want to get back to work and life faster, if you want to not have to deal with a large painful incision that could become infected, and if you want to recovery quickly, come see Dr. Dobson.
meet dr. dobson’s team
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY ABOUT US
Dr Dobson performed a triple hernia operation on me. One inguinal hernia was too large for laparoscopic surgery and had to have a 4 inch incision. One week after my first appointment with him I was on the operating table. He could tell I was in bad pain and didn't want to make me wait. Less than 3 weeks after surgery and I feel brand new! My follow up visits were very thorough and never rushed. I feel blessed that I he was my surgeon.
very pleasant demeanour, I felt comfortable with him
He took great care of my dad.
Did a great job with my hernia. Highly recommend
Dr. Dobson provided me with an impecable service. He continues to be my “go to” doc.
Excellent caring physcian with wonderful staff and university level professionalism and results; he truly is the go-to person in the area for any abdominal or colon and rectal surgery.
Excellent surgeon! Great bedside manner. Very thorough. Very knowledgeable and willing to go out on a limb for the patient.
Jennifer in ROCKLEDGE, FL
I trust this man. I have had several hospital stays due to personal complications and this man has always given me his full attention. He takes his time to answer all your questions and clearly explain the procedures . Our family is truly grateful for Dr. Dobson and his entire medical staff. Thank you.
Shelby Armstrong in AL, FL
I had the privilege of working with Dr. Dobson for about a year prior to his moving to Florida. In terms of the performance of surgical cases he is the best I have seen ( I am also a general surgeon). His judgement and knowledge are the best. I would choose him as a surgeon for myself or family members.
Robert Clark MD
After trying to avoid surgery, I researched choices for an abdominal hernia repair with the Davinci device and luckily I found Dr. Dobson. He and his staff were excellent. He took the time to answer all my questions thoroughly and even managed to set my nervous wife at ease (no easy task there!!) The surgery itself went flawlessly in Dr. Dobson’s hands and I am back to enjoying life with my grandkids and traveling with my wife. He has my highest recommendations- a caring doctor and person!
Grandpa Phil in Viera, FL
Had a procedure done by Dr Dobson and I cannot recommend him enough. He was very thorough in explaining things as we went along. His staff were also very friendly. I wish all my doctors were like Dr Dobson.
Steve Thomas in Cocoa, FL
I couldn’t be more pleased with my experience with Dr. Dobson and his staff. He is an expert in his field and his bedside manner was top notch. I would highly recommend him. We are lucky to have him here in Brevard county!
Best Surgeon in town. Had a robotic hernia repair this year and I finally feel great. Bedside manner was pleasant and professional. Dr Dobson was extremely thorough during my initial visit and had a great sense of humor that I appreciated during this rough time of my life. Thank you Dr Dobson! I would happily refer all my friends and family to you in the future.
Would absolutely, highly recommend Dr Dobson to anyone. Excellent doctor and surgeon who performed my operation and saw me through my battle with cancer (now 3 years free). Honest and forthright about everything, but actually cares and gives you the hope you need with a cancer diagnosis. He would definitely be my surgeon of choice for any future needs.
Dr. Dobson has been nothing but kind and professional. He saved my life and kept me from dying twice. He displays excellent bedside manners and is always available for his patients. He is personable and caring and is the superior surgeon in the area. His level of care and professionalism is second to none.
Saw him for cancer surgery; did very complicated procedure no one could do using da /v/inci robot. Did great afterward and I am cancer free for 3 years
EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN. GREAT BEDSIDEMANNER. AWESOME STAFF. GREAT OUTCOMES. WOULD NOT LET ANYONE ELSE THERE OPERATE ON ME.
pt Rockledge, FL
NEED An appointment?
Call (321) 637-2907 for an appointment today!